Friday, July 26, 2013

Stagette Recap

Good Morning!!!

Apologies for the break in posts!  Life has just been a little crazy and writing out my thoughts unfortunately took a backseat.

First order of business... Let's talk about my stagette!!!

Can I just say it was totally fabulous!?  I've always known I'm especially fortunate in having great friends, but a weekend like the one I just had really solidifies it.  These girls are so amazing!  Danielle planned a weekend that suited me to a T.  It had all the elements I had been thinking a cool stagette would have, and she really made that all possible for me.

Highlights of the trip:
  • Heather brought me a texas mickey!!!  Don't worry, not much of it got drank, but it was pretty fun to pump vodka out of a huge bottle!  It's sitting in a visible place of honor at my house now and I take great pleasure in offering people a drink from it :)
  • Wandering the streets of Banff.  Seriously the coolest place ever!!!
  • Dinner at Bear Street Tavern.  Ummm YUM.  That is all.  I had a seriously amazing caeser and the Chicken Fajitas with no dairy.
  • A night of moving and grooving at The Dancing Sasquatch.  Such a cool place!  There were trees inside, great music, and really awesome dancers that we befriended.  I unofficially quit the bar scene a couple years ago, but if we had places like this in Cranbrook I would probably go out more often.  Such a great vibe, and everyone was just there to have fun. 
  • I avoided all possible hangovers!!!  Know your limit, stay within it ;)
  • Hiking Johnson Canyon and the Ink Pots.  It was a little bit of a challenge but in a good way.  It made me realize how far I've come from the days of getting lightheaded and queasy from physical effort.  The views were absolutely magnificent and I would highly recommend all or part of this hike to anyone.  It starts out pretty high traffic, but mostly people are just going to see the falls.  If you continue on the the Ink Pots the crowd thins out and the majestic beauty of Banff National Park is all yours!!  
  • An amazing, clean eating dinner planned by Danielle.  She cooked chicken foil packets on the fire for us!  I hadn't eaten much after our hike and then in a hungry whirlwind dove in to crackers and hummus, leaving little room for dinner which is possibly my only regret of the trip!
  • Breaky at Touloulous.  Delicious.  I had my favorite caeser of the weekend (order the Cajun Caeser if you go there!) and the Breggfast Sandwich, highly recommend it.  They make everything fresh and to order so you can change around anything you need to in case of dietary restrictions.  Best.
  • Shopping!!!  Obviously.  Highlights would be finding a pair of Lulu Lemon shorts on sale and sunscreen from Rocky Mountain Soap Company.
Other than these main points, things that stick out in my mind are the giggles and stories that we were never without, being outside all the time, treks to find empty shower stalls,  and an overall sense of feeling so loved.

Danielle has posted pics on her blog so please check them out by clicking here!!!

I've been smiling all week thinking back to how much fun we had.  I think we all miss each other because the group texts have been pretty legendary.  The random things that friends talk about...

XO - Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment