Monday, July 29, 2013

Focusing On My Face

Yep, that's right... I am focusing on my face.

That sounds funny, but let me explain.  My face keeps breaking out and it is really starting to drive me nuts!  I don't want to have to wear layers of foundation and concealer, I want to be fresh faced!  My doctor put me back on tetracycline and it maybe is helping a bit, but what about the next time I go off of it?

My brother and my mom have had great results from cutting out tomatoes, and unfortunately I think that's my next step.  While I'm normally up for the challenge of giving something up in the name of health, this one hurts.  I don't actually like tomatoes by themselves, but I count on ketchup and salsa to jazz up almost every meal that I eat.

I've decided to make it a 19 day challenge, since that will take us to wedding day!!!  For the next 19 days, no tomato products.  Sigh...  In light of this, I've been trying to think of other condiments that I can use to replace my usual staples.  So far I've thought of guacamole, Amazing Dad's Honey Garlic BBQ Sauce, rice vinegar & lime juice, and hummus.  These sound like delicious alternatives and I think I can do this!!!

In the spirit of cutting things out, I'm also challenging myself to consume no gluten, dairy, or white sugar.  I am excited to see what kind of results I have with this new plan and if all goes well, I'll show you before and after face pics, makeup free.... YIKES!

XO - Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment