Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tuesday Love

All of the delicious restaurant food we ate this weekend in Kalispell caught up with me last night and as usual... that horrible uncomfortable pain was not worth the splurge.  Darn! 

Today I tried to make it up to myself by making better food choices and taking some time to relax.  I am in love with Tuesdays because they're my extra day off from work!! 

My food from today:


  • Warm water with juice of half a lemon
  • 2 free run eggs with sweet potato hash (grapeseed oil, sea salt, and Mrs. Dash) and broccoli slaw topped with hummus
  • Whole wheat wrap with a chicken breast, cucumber, red pepper, mushroom, dill pickle, and hummus
  • 2 x gluten free dairy free "oreos"
  • Mini carrots and hummus
  • Peace Tea (tea & lemonade flavor)
  • Noodle bowl of prawns, sweet onion, red pepper, mushroom, prawns, coconut cream, lime juice, and Ancient Grains noodles
NOTE: I will probably have a snack after I write this... a warm almond milk and Udi's toast or something like that.

Tuesdays allow me to imagine what it will be like to one day wake up and look forward to my day, every day, instead of dreading going to work like I do now.  I was able to finish off my first CSNN test and submit it, and am now waiting for results on how I did!  (Results can take up to 4 weeks to get back, oh the suspense!).  Each page I read or test I complete is another step closer to accomplishing something important to me, and it feels really great.

Cody and I finished the day off with a workout (my lead) that neither of us felt like doing.  It went like this:

30 jumping jacks
5 pushups
25 knee highs
7 burpees
10 crunches
7 squats
5 pushups
10 crunches
5 pushups
7 squats
30 jumping jacks
1 minute wall sit
5 pushups
25 knee highs
x1
followed by a walk around our neighborhood
 
I have this workout as a screen shot on my phone (it actually says to do this routine 3-5x through), but I think I found it on Facebook on the Get-Fit-Naturally page.  We did this workout in approx. 30 minutes and I forgot to turn my heart rate monitor on for the first few minutes but I logged burning 174 calories.
 
Like everyone always says, no one ever regrets a workout, and this of course rings true for me :)
 
XO - Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment