Thursday, November 14, 2013

Water Intake And A Dream Board

A rushed start for me this morning!  Oh man, I can't seem to keep it together for a whole week straight.  A little later to bed + a little later to wake up = a whole lot of morning rush!  Looking on the bright side of things, at least this is happening less and less frequently!

One of Natasha's suggestions in my last plan, as a lifestyle recommendation, was to create a dream board!  Well, I love these kind of things so I've been compiling the things that I dream of over on pinterest.  I was going to print everything off and make a board to hang on the wall, and I still may, but for now it's great to just pin things on as I see them and am inspired.  If you would like to check out what I'm dreaming for click here, it's a work in progress but so far I'm having a lot of fun with it!

Another thing I'm noticing courtesy of Natasha is a huge change in my water intake!!  I was always under the impression that the more water a person drinks, the healthier they are.  Not so.  Too much water can actually flush nutrients away, and that was the case with me at over 14 cups per day.  She suggested that I try increasing my electrolyte levels and since doing so I am down to about 8-10 cups per day.  Possibly the biggest change I've noticed is NO MORE HEADACHES!  Okay, still a headache now and then but not as bad and not daily.


I find it helpful to keep track of my water intake to see where I'm at, and have taken to marking each cup drank on a sticky note that I keep right on my water bottle!  I just calculate how many cups of water my bottle holds and before each refill I tally the according amount of cups onto my sticky note!  That's what the pic above is but it's really blurry!  Apologies.

Featured food from today would be dinner.  It was a joint effort which always makes for the best meal.  We had bison meatballs (recipe from Tosca Reno's blog - must try!  these are amazing!) using ground bison that we picked up at Costco in a green sauce that Cody created (avocado, garlic, lemon juice, red onion, basil, parsley, olive oil, sea salt, pepper) and I had brown rice spaghetti noodles while Cody went for good ol' Smart Pasta.


I'm getting ready to get my craft on next week with my friend Alyssa and have been writing down ideas and lists of what I want to make!  Stay tuned for results on Tuesday!

XO - Michelle




No comments:

Post a Comment