Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Choosing the Dream

What a great week it has been so far!  Normally I tend to sulk a little when Cody is away, but I've had so many fun things on the go that it's been pretty alright.  The holiday season is coming up so quickly and I feel really cheerful about the prospect of farmer's markets and Christmas light ups around town.  It gives me a little jolt of YAHOO to turn my Christmas lights on in the evening and to curl up in a toasty warm blanket.

My phone froze on Monday night and that was really horrible.  I hate to admit that I'm super dependent on my phone but I totally am!  First of all because Cody is away and obviously I want to talk to him (we had to settle for Facebook chat from my laptop), and second of all because we just use our cell phones and don't have a house phone, so a bunch of horrible scenarios ran through my head of reasons why I would need my phone (bad guys, medical emergencies, you get the idea).  Unrelated is the fact that I take pictures of all my meals and exercise adventures!  I was also half way through filming SweatADay Squat Kicks when it froze, not cool!  I had to revert to my camera camera, which had a dead battery, and ultimately dug out Cody's fancy DSLR.  Happily the lady at Telus restarted my phone and it's been fine ever since.

My friend Alyssa and I had the most excellent day of crafting yesterday.  We created some pretty cute stuff - gotta love Pinterest - and more importantly had a wonderful visit!  I really want to start being more crafty and making things myself.  I'm looking forward to the fact that every time I pull out my ornaments for the year, I'm going to have a memory of making them in Alyssa's cozy kitchen over hummus, crackers, and sparkling juice.  This is what I made yesterday:


I think my wreath needs some tweaking so I have some things to add to it. I made three of those Christmas balls and one wreath in a whole afternoon of crafting...  I didn't say I was fast, right?!  Check out my Christmas & Winter Pinterest page if you want to see what else I plan on creating!

Then, yesterday afternoon the owner of a store I used to work at called and offered me a pretty great job.  It all sounded very interesting and I gave it some thought but ultimately came to the conclusion that I would stay put where I'm at for now.  They needed an answer in one day, which completely stressed me out and so I had to mull pretty quickly, but I feel like I made the right choice.  This may sound like a crazy choice because I'm always blaming my job (rightfully so) for bad days, stressy days, unhappy days, frustration... and the list goes on.  BUT they gave me my 4 day week, they give me extra time off when I need it, and I am finally getting pretty good at what I do here (confidence is key)!  This new job would be 5 days per week which would require me to put my Natural Nutrition schooling on hold or to work on it much slower, in addition to learning a whole new job, and I decided to put my dream first.  I have wanted to do this course for YEARS.  I finally saved up the money, got the time I thought I needed off of work, and am enjoying every second of learning.  Why would I give that up?

Source
 By making this choice, I feel like I just brought on a HUGE whirlwind of positive energy.  I just chose my dream.  That's sometimes rare and not always possible for people to do, and I've had the awesome luck to do it a few times in my life.  I truly believe that choosing your dream makes your dream come true.  So this was a really big step towards believing in myself, to believing that I will do well in school, and to believing I will be successful in helping people once I graduate (and be able to make somewhat of a living doing it).  Today I made that happen, and I'm so proud of myself!

XO - Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are following your dream and taking it seriously!

    ReplyDelete