Saturday, July 13, 2013

OEB Breakfast Co.

I must share with you this awesome restaurant find!!!



On a previous trip to Calgary our friends took us to OEB Breakfast Co.

It was so amazing and I can't wait for my next visit there!  I was so hungry that I totally forgot to take a picture of my meal until after the fact, darn!!

The food is sourced locally, the eggs are free run from OEB's own chicken flock, the restaurant itself is full of charm, and the service is friendly.

Read the official description of OEB here.

I decided to kick breakfast off with a Tropical Twister smoothie, it had mango, banana, pineapple juice and mango nectar... no milk products, hooray!  It was really yummy and not too sweet which was a bonus!

For my meal I chose the Farmer John's Delight Three Egg Scram-blette.  It had apple wood smoked bacon lardons, rosemary ham, green onions, and wild mushrooms in it.  The dish came with a choice of white, rye, or multigrain fresh baked bread.  I chose the multigrain and was really impressed with how large and thick of a slice was provided.  There was also a side of herbed potatoes cooked in organic duck fat; they were some of the best potato wedges I have ever eaten!

I was leery to order a scrambled egg dish because it seems that most restaurants use milk in their scramble.  Upon asking, our server informed me that they could make the scramble milk-free; how awesome is that!?  She didn't act like it was an odd request at all and I appreciated her knowledge!!

Although we had a long wait to actually get in for breaky, we were all super impressed at how fast our food came to the table.  The restaurant was full and bustling but our server still took time to stop and chat with us, make us feel welcome, and never appeared rushed.

Check our OEB's menu here, and I highly suggest you give it a try!

XO - Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment