Saturday, November 16, 2013

Gall Bladder Choices and Holiday Decorating

Friday was kind of a rough day, considering it was the end of the week and all. I've been struggling with my gall bladder again lately and it's really starting to wear on all areas of my life.

It has been bothering me since the end of August. I can best describe it as a consistent dull pain underneath my ribs on the right hand side of my body, and this pain serves as a daily reminder that I'm not "in my prime". It plays with my head and makes me feel so unhealthy, which in turn makes me feel uninspired to strive to be better. It's a constant circle of blah and I'm tired of it.

I'm not sure if this is related to gall bladder, but I've been soooo low energy since all of this started and I'm having a heck of a time functioning at full capacity.  My fear is that I choose to have it surgically removed and afterwards I'm still low energy and blah... 

I've been debating my options of having it removed or holistically treating the problem for quite some time. I've had trouble coming to a conclusion because I want to embrace a holistic lifestyle but I also want to feel healthy and live without fear of another serious attack...  I've pretty much made up my mind to have it removed.  In making this decision, I need to truly believe that it's the correct choice for me.  I am choosing to believe that having it removed is going to help me to regain normal energy levels and get me back to feeling like I'm functioning at 100%!!

Since I was so blah yesterday I really wanted to have a positive day today, and  I did! 

My day started off with a delicious breakfast of egg + egg whites, ancient grains noodles, green olive, daiya cheese, avocado, and hummus. 


After fueling up I headed into town to meet my friends Danielle and Kirsten for a workout at the Rec Plex! They planned to run stairs but I'm all about taking it easy these days so I just walked around the rink a few times. I left earlier than them but was so happy that I got to visit and get some exercise in. 

Next I did a quick browse through a few stores to get what I needed for a little holiday decorating, my afternoon consisted of making this happen:



By this time I was absolutely starving so I heated up some leftover bison balls and cooked some brown rice pasta, stirred in some olive oil and nutritional yeast flakes and chowed down! So good!


We finished off our day with dinner at Mom & Dad's with awesome homemade chili and chickpea flour corn bread. Mom also made chocolate squares that we topped with coconut whip for dessert. I'll find the recipe link and post it in the comments - I know it's from Healthful Pursuit which is always a win :)



It's Cody's last night in town before heading back to work so I'm going to help him pack (aka sit and watch) and get some quality time in before he leaves. 

XO - Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment