Saturday, July 27, 2013

Banishing the Sniffles

By the title you would think I know how to do this.  I do not.

After my super fun weekend in Banff, I came home just a little tired and worn out.  I then spent the rest of the week further tiring myself out, so it should have come as no surprise that I now find myself with a cold:  pounding headache, a bloated stomach, and some severe sniffles!

I don't really know how to fix this, if I did it would be gone.  But I've been taking some action to fight the damn thing.  No one wants to look like a pregnant Rudolf at their own wedding!

Cody has been bullying me to bed as early as he can... our room is a sauna in this heat so it hasn't been as early as it should be.  More sleep helps in a big way. 

I've also been making Traditional Medicinals Echinacea Plus Tea double strength and putting it in the fridge until cold, then adding lemon.  An immune boosting iced tea!  It's really good!  I will be doing this for the rest of the summer with all sorts of different teas!!!



Saturday couldn't have come soon enough and I'm happy to report a slight sleep in this morning.  We plan on a little hike before the heatwave, a browse through the farmer's market, and a BBQ dinner.

XO - Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment