Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Snack Attack

It has been one month since our wedding!!!  In a way it feels like it was yesterday, and in a way it feels like it was SO long ago!  Weird how that happens.  I'm really happy to have Cody home for this occasion, and assume we will celebrate with our (my) favorite staples... chicken, sweet potatoes, veg, and a tv show...  We certainly act like we've been married longer than one month!  I wish I had more wedding pics to show but they're still being edited, hopefully soon I'll have more to share!!

Sometimes my snack supply dwindles, and if I'm not in the mood I have a hard time replenishing it.  Last week was one of those weeks and since I didn't feel like going to the store I figured I would just find an option at home.

A ton of people that I know just add protein powder to almond milk and keep it in a shaker bottle for their snack.  I thought this sounded like a plan since I did have those items on hand so decided to bring it for my afternoon snack on Friday.  Can I just say YUCK!?!  I choked down about 3/4 of the mixture before calling it quits.  Umm no thank you.

Maybe it's because I use a plant based protein powder?  Or is this an acquired taste?  I have decided that I require a banana blended in with my almond milk and protein powder at all times.  No banana, no dice.

Luckily I had an emergency unsweetened blueberry delight Fruitsations in my lunch bag to help stave off my afternoon hunger.



Because the almond milk + protein powder incident has left me feeling a bit daunted by the prospect of ever tasting something like that again (exaggeration) I will be doing some bulk snack prep over the next little while to stock our pantry and fridge with wholesome goodness that's ready to go.

On my snack list so far:

Sunflower Seed Butter to dip apples in

Bananas to add to protein smoothies

Maple Cinnamon Almonds

Maple Coconut Granola to have with almond yogurt

XO - Michelle




1 comment:

  1. Yummm! All of those snacks sound super delish! I definitely need to make myself some of those almonds ASAP!

    ReplyDelete