Sunday, June 30, 2013

Recap of Weekly Goals for June 23-29

Wow, is it really Sunday already?  This week flew by, which officially makes it feel like summer; and we're finally enjoying some nice weather which makes me oh so happy.  Last week seemed to be a trying week, full of ups and downs.  I saw this pic on Facebook and loved it!!!  I'm going to focus on the ups of last week since the downs always fade away pretty fast. 
 



I just got back from Calgary where Cody and I had a great time visiting with our friends Marshall and Heather and shopping around before he had to fly back to Fort Mac.  I am looking forward to spending tomorrow with friends, gotta love a stat!!!  Cody is back to work and I'm prepared to be at odds for his first week away until I fall back into my independent routine.

Here's a quick recap of how I did with my goals... 

RECAP OF WEEKLY GOALS FOR JUNE 23-29

  1. Burn 300 calories per day doing something active, 5 days this week - I didn't do as well at this as I had expected, this is the run down:  Sunday, June 23 340 cals; Monday, June 24 110 cals; Tuesday, June 25 119 cals; Wednesday, June 26 241 cals, Thursday, June 27 short walk, no h/r monitor; Friday, June 28 walk, no h/r monitor on; Saturday, June 29 Calgary... shopping should count as calories burned, right!?
  2. Do 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in water before dinner - Aced this one!  And I really do think it's helping my stomach.  It also is really thirst quenching!!!
  3. Write and mail out thank you cards to my awesome friends for the amazing and beautiful gifts they gave me on Sunday at my bridal shower <3 - They are written, but haven't been sent out yet.  So I guess I get a half point for this one.
  4. Keep my eating clean - don't give in to temptation or laziness - A big check mark for this one.  Although my week felt slightly out of control, I was able to make healthy choices due to our stocked kitchen.  Really really happy about this.  I did indulge a little while we were in Calgary, but not to the extreme, and not because of laziness.
I feel overall that my body needed this break from it's normal routine, needed to not be working out too hard, and I'm happy I listened to it!  I feel a lot more energized this week and ready to take on my normal expectations again.

To help ease into my "alone" weeks, I try to create extra focus on my food choices.  I also do things like clean the house from top to bottom, catch up on laundry, and find a good book to read.  This time I'm going to make sure to work on wedding decorations and spend some time in the evenings reading my text book for school.

Hope everyone is looking forward to Canada Day tomorrow!!!

XO - Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment