Thursday, August 8, 2013

Seeing Myself In A New Light

A change in perspective is sometimes usually well needed for someone who has almost beat the battle of the bulge.

This thought crossed my mind yesterday after asking my friend Danielle to send some pictures from our recent events my way.

I've been talking a lot about how I didn't meet my goals of looking a certain way for the wedding and how I'm trying to be ok with it but looking at those pics I realized that maybe a change in perspective is all that I need.

Scrolling though and seeing myself with my friends I felt really really proud of how I looked and not at all critical.  For the first time in a very long time, I didn't look at myself and immediately see flaws because I couldn't get past the pure happiness radiating from those photos!  I look just how I've been wanting to look for so long, and I didn't even know it!

For a too long now I've been shying away from group gatherings, I haven't been looking people in the eye for fear of them seeing my broken out face, and living in a fog where I really don't even see myself (as mentioned in this post).  Gradually this has been stopping, and for some reason looking at these pictures really cemented in my mind that I don't want to go back there.

My change in perspective lies in understanding what I need, not what I think I need.  Pushing workouts on myself when I'm not feeling it does not result in results, it results in feeling like a failure.  Doing what I love in that moment, whether it be weights, hikes, bike rides, a simple walk... now that is what makes me feel like a success story and obviously shines through in my demeanor.  It's not something I plan on forgetting :)

9 days to go until wedding day, and tomorrow Cody is home which will make everything even more fun!

XO - Michelle




No comments:

Post a Comment